- Rachel V. Harrison & Peter A. Jackson (eds.), The Ambiguous Allure of the West; traces of the Colonial in Thailand. Hongkong University Press: Hong Kong 2010.
- Rebecca Nedostup, Superstitious Regimes. Religion and the Politics of Chinese Modernity. Harvard University Press Center / Harvard University Press: Cambridge 2009.
- Sandra Niessen, Legacy in Cloth. Batak Textiles in Indonesia. KITLV Press: Leiden 2009.
- Karen Strassler, Refracted Visions. Popular Photography and National Modernity in Java. Duke University Press: Durham and London 2010
- Stein Tønnesson, Vietnam 1946. How the War Began. University of California Press: Berkeley / Los Angeles / London 2010
- Irfan Ahmad, Islamism and Democracy in India. Princeton University Press: Princeton and Oxford 2009
- Uradyn E. Bulag, Collaborative Nationalism. The Politics of Friendship on China’s Mongolian Frontier. Rowman & Littlefield Publishers: Lanham / Boulder / New York / Toronto / Plymouth, UK 2010
- Kuan-Hsing Chen, Asia as a Method. Towards Deimperialization. Duke University Press: Durham and London 2010
- Robin M. LeBlanc, The Art of Gut. Manhood, Power, and Ethics in Japanese Politics. University of California Press: Berkeley / Los Angeles / London 2010
- Rochona Majumdar, Marriage and Modernity. Family Values in Colonial Bengal. Duke University Press: Durham and London 2009