The Hornbill Spirit - Nagas Living Their Nationalism
Heritage Publishing House (Dimapur, Nagaland, India)
Rs 500/- (INR), USD 15.0
The Hornbill Spirit - Nagas Living Their Nationalism is an ethnographic study. It follows several paths: historical events, colonial and post-colonial impacts, the role of militarization and religious beliefs, global indigenism, and the identification of ethnic elements. All these aspects are instrumental in Shaping Naga Nationalism.
The book is a 'timely' contribution to the study on Naga Nationalism within ‘context’ though devoid of propaganda and that ‘Hornbill Spirit’ is a ‘nice summation’ of the historical processes that discusses 'uncomfortable issues in a comfortable manner.' The book is a further development of the Author's doctoral studies completed at the Graduate Center of The City University of New York in 2009.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Flights of the Hornbill
2. From Independent Village-States to Naga Nation
3. Colonialism and the Shaping of Naga Nationalism
4. Indian Militarization Policies and Their Impacts
5. Naga Religious Beliefs, Their Practices, and the Nationalist Movement
6. Gaining Voice Through Global Indigenism
7. Ethnic Foundations of Naga Nationalism
8. A Continuing Odyssey